Tuesday, February 19, 2008


Hello -

I just got back from a Craft trade show down in Aneiheim, Ca. I worked the show for my company - Duncan Enterprises - for which I am a designer. I helped in the booth for two days then walked the show to see the newest craft product from art materials to scrapbook paper and supplies. A really fun show - but my feet got tired.

The best part about the show was that it was right next to Disneyland - and being a true Micky Mouse fan - I had to go. The weather was great and not too many crowds. I wanted to show you the purse I made to wear in Disneyland. I used an old recycled red sweater for the base, added a black wool Micky head and outlined with yellow floss stitchery. I used yellow wool to attach to metal purse closure then added the large buttons because I thought it looked like Mickey's pants button. I added the pins I traded with people at the park. Easy access for the next trade. Hope you like it - let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Joan Martin Fee said...

Cheryl,

Your Mickey Mouse purse is adorable!!!

What new stuff did you see at the show?

Joan

Bunko Lass said...

Wow, if that isn't the most clever use of an old sweater!!! I love that idea.....I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations. Thank you for sharing them with us!

Lindy

Meaghan said...

I'm a huge mickey mouse fan and I just love that purse! It really is adorable, well done :)