Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why I Was Working On the Kitchen Table......

Well, this is rather embarrassing....My sister and husband came to visit for a few weeks.  Each time they come I have a special task (tasks) that we do....i.e. help Cheryl clean-up.  Today we decided on my work area.  As her husband was putting in a new garbage disposal (50 years old) she and I started in.  We started with the shelves that included fabric at least 15 years old.  The second shelf was already cleared and we are now starting on the next.  We ended up with 11 bags of fabric that we took to Goodwill - they can open up their own fabric store.

 Here it is all cleaned up - but filled again.  This includes some of the ones I saved plus extra from table (see below).  It looks so good - now I know what I have so I won't have to buy any more fabric (yeah right!). 
 This is my so - called work table.  This is why I was working on the kitchen table.  I would get things - stack it on table and forget about it.  I had many avalanches of stuff off the table.  The newer fabric is on the shelves  - at least it's by color. 
 Here is the same table.  Everything now has a home and I know where it is - no more digging through the pile a risk to life and limb.  I can actually put my sewing machine on the table......and work.
 Here it is in all it's glory.  One day, 11 bags to Goodwill, two bags of garbage and 5 storage bins later.
I can hardly wait to get started creating things in my clean work area.  Tomorrow we start on the porch....wish us luck.

2 comments:

Renee said...

It looks great! Did Mom bring home any fabric for me???

Joan Martin Fee said...

Fabulous!