Monday, June 15, 2009

Just wanted to show my version of a bracelet I made with hotel key cards. Unless you really look close I don't think anyone would think that this was made with the cards. We went to Hawaii and I collected everyone's key card on the last day. I cut them up, added metallic gold pen to back and edges then punched a hole in each. I made a few grouping of beads for some sparkle, added them to a bracelet and there you go - an inexpensive bracelet that is a great souvenir of the trip. I made this rather full - next time I'll know better and won't put so many on - then everyone can have one.....Maybe I'll have them help me!

Also I wanted to let you know that I was invited to be interviewed by Tiffany Windsor - from Aleene's Creative Living fame - on her new radio show Inspired at Home. Tiffany and I go way back - almost 20 years. I met her at a design convention and she asked me to make some things for her show - I can't tell you how exciting that was - to actually meet Tiffany and Aleene - I had watched their show which came on really early in the morning before I left for work - and here I was being asked to do projects for her show - it was so exciting!. Well, I was on the show for about 6 years and loved every minute of it - even the times I worked in the wee hours of the mornings to get all the projects done.

I will on this Sunday June 21 at 4:00 - so I hope you'll tune in for a listen. I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Karen Witte-Elkins said...

What a great idea for hotel keys! I am always trying to come up with an idea for a cool souvenier of a great trip-I will be hoarding cards next time. One other thing might be to add little snippets about the trip on the backside of each charm. Love this idea!

Cheryl Ball said...

Karen - thanks so much for the comment and what a wonderful idea -maybe a small picture could be decoupaged to a few - great idea -

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea...I have so many key cards laying around and never thought to turn them into jewelry!